Preferred Artwork Submission
- Please send electronic files whenever possible - include a color printout of your art for reference.
- CorelDRAW or Adobe Illustrator (vector artwork) preferred.
- All text should be converted to curves or outlines for PC format.
- All spot colors should be named with a Pantone color.
- All placed (imported) images should either be embedded or included separately.
- When sending color-separated art, indicate which color applies to which separation.
Acceptable File Formats:
- CorelDRAW through Version 14
- Adobe Illustrator through Version CS4
- Adobe Photoshop (We prefer files in CMYK, not RGB, or we will convert them here. CMYK enables us to better reproduce your file. Screen print art files should be saved with a minimum resolution of 300 dpi. Save line art files with a minimum resolution of 600 dpi. Fine detail for digital print files requires high resolution. Large format banners or outputs can be lower, i.e. 100-200 ppi.
- Freehand (export as an Adobe Illustrator 7.0 file)
- PDF - preserve Illustrator editing capabilities
- FlexiSign (save as FlexiSign fs for PC)
- Visio - files can be converted to .wmf for PC
- TIFF, GIF, JPEG, BMP, PDF and Word document files are not acceptable formats for screen print film. They are not normally editable for spot color printing. They are useful when e-mailed in as a reference or for quoting purposes. However, they can be used for digital printing.
Artwork File Submission Methods - All PC Format
- Our FTP Site - Contact us for download information
- Flash drive
Minimum Font Sizes for Screen Printing:
- Sans Serif: All Caps, Positive: 4 pt. bold, Reverse: 6 pt. bold
- Serif: All Caps, Positive: 6-8 pt. bold, Reverse 10-12 pt. bold
- Gerber Edge - Copy must be a minimum of 1/8" tall.
- Vinyl Die Cutting - Copy must be a minimum of ¼" tall with a line width of 1/16" thick, including serifs, trademark emblems, registered R's, etc.
- For RGB, we use Adobe RGB 1998
- For CMYK, we use US Web Coated SWOP Version 2
- Web artwork is only 72 dpi. When reproducing or enlarging these type files, the resolution will be very poor quality.